Data de Registro
    Jul/2003
    Valeu/SFA
    Recebidos: 16.643/995
    Dados: 5.407/682

Star Control: Origins

Star Controlrigins - The Living Universe Trailer - movie
    (hx) 04:42 PM EDT - Sep,04 2018 - Post a comment
    Using your Star Control-issued lander, travel down to the surfaces of the many planets you come across and collect resources, complete objectives, and solve the mysteries of strange things you discover on the surface. The game is a living universe. You’ll encounter pilots, stranded travelers, and maybe even something more sinister lurking in the darkness of space. Experience a riveting and exciting story as you fight to protect the Earth at all costs and by any means necessary. Star Control: Origins releases on September 20, 2018!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Intel Core i7 3960X|Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme|2x EVGA GTX980Ti SC+ ACX2.0+ SLI|G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB 2400 4x4GB|Corsair Hydro Series H100i w/ 4x Cougar Vortex CFV12HP Push/Pull|Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB + OCZ Vector SSD 256GB + HDD Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black SATA 7200 64MB Cache + HDD Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black SATA 7200 32MB Cache + HDD Western Digital 320GB Caviar Blue + 2x HDD Seagate Barracuda 300Gb|Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion|Samsung S23A550H 23" + S27A550 27"|Corsair AX1200i|Cooler Master HAF-X 942|Plextor PX-LB950SA|Logitech G910 Orion Spark Keyboard|Logitech G502 Proteus Core|Razer Firefly|Nostromo Speedpad n52|Logitech Orbit AF|Scythe Kaze Master Pro|Asus RT-AC68U|Razer Leviathan|Razer Carcharias

Templar's Machine Reloaded (New)
    Templar's Machine Turbo (Old)
    "Give me chastity and give me constancy, but do not give it yet.".

"Se roubam de mim, é corrupção. Se roubo dos outros, é jeitinho!" - HUEzileiros

The All Seeing Eye Avatar de S.Templar
    Data de Registro
    Jul/2003
    Valeu/SFA
    How Star Control II Was Almost TOO Realistic - interview
    (hx) 12:06 AM CEST - Oct,24 2018 - Post a comment
    Toys for Bob's Paul Reiche III and Fred Ford talk in-depth about the development history of Star Control and Star Control II.

Intel Core i7 3960X|Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme|2x EVGA GTX980Ti SC+ ACX2.0+ SLI|G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB 2400 4x4GB|Corsair Hydro Series H100i w/ 4x Cougar Vortex CFV12HP Push/Pull|Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB + OCZ Vector SSD 256GB + HDD Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black SATA 7200 64MB Cache + HDD Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black SATA 7200 32MB Cache + HDD Western Digital 320GB Caviar Blue + 2x HDD Seagate Barracuda 300Gb|Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion|Samsung S23A550H 23" + S27A550 27"|Corsair AX1200i|Cooler Master HAF-X 942|Plextor PX-LB950SA|Logitech G910 Orion Spark Keyboard|Logitech G502 Proteus Core|Razer Firefly|Nostromo Speedpad n52|Logitech Orbit AF|Scythe Kaze Master Pro|Asus RT-AC68U|Razer Leviathan|Razer Carcharias

Data de Registro
    Jul/2003
    Valeu/SFA
    Star Control: Origins Has Been Removed from Stores - briefly
    (hx) 12:14 PM CET - Jan,01 2019 - Post a comment / read (1)
    Star Control: Origins is in the process of being removed from digital storefronts such as Steam and GOG as members of the original development team have filed a DMCA take down notice against Stardock. Paul Reiche III and Fred Ford have filed the DMCA take down in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. They allege that they own the Star Control universe that Stardock purchased from Atari for $400,000 in 2013. Atari sold the original Star Control games on GOG for years until Stardock purchased the rights to them. GOG is also being sued by Paul Reiche III and Fred Ford. The game has already been removed from Steam and it is expected to be removed from GoG shortly. Stardock has posted the email exchange between Stardock owner Brad Wardell, Paul Reiche III and Fred Ford. Initially they seem cordial, but then the exchange becomes hostile the closer that Star Control: Origins was to its release date. Paul Reiche III and Fred Ford even went so far as to announce their own game called "Ghosts of the Precursors" as the true successor to Star Control II. Brad Wardell has announced that he will have to layoff members of the development team since the revenue stream has dried up due to the DMCA take down.
    We have received news today that Paul Reiche III and Fred Ford, contractors on the classic DOS game, Star Control 2 for Accolade and widely created as being the "creators" of Star Control have issued a DMCA take down notice to Valve to take down Star Control: Origins. To my knowledge, never in the history of our industry has anyone attempted to use the DMCA system to take down a shipping game before. For example, when PubG sued Fortnite for copyright infringement, they didn't try to take Fortnite down with a DMCA notice. Valve assures us that anyone who has already bought the game should be able to continue to play it. Unfortunately, without the income from Star Control: Origins, Stardock will have to lay off some of the men and women who are assigned to the game. We will do our very best to continue to support the game and hopefully Star Control: Origins will return as soon as possible.

Data de Registro
    Jul/2003
    Valeu/SFA
    Star Control: Origins Available Again - briefly
    (hx) 08:39 AM CET - Jan,03 2019 - Post a comment
    Star Control: Origins is now once again available for purchase, as Stardock is now selling the strategy game through their own online store, offering a limited time 50% discount off the strategy game's normal $39.99 price. This follows the news that the sales of the game were halted on Steam and GOG.com after those services received DMCA takedown notices from Paul Reiche III and Fred Ford, designers of the original Star Control games. Stardock refutes the use of the DMCA in this case, and this is further demonstrated by their willingness to sell the game in light of the accusations of copyright infringement

Informação do Tópico

Usuários Navegando pelo Tópico

Existe(m) atualmente 1 usuário(s) navegando pelo tópico. (0 membro(s) e 1 visitante(s))

Regras de Postagem