Exibindo resultados 11 a 20 de 42

Tópico: AAR no HoI 3 - Barbarossa

MAKE BTC GREAT AGAIN Avatar de nigo
    Data de Registro
    Mai/2003
    Valeu/SFA
    Recebidos: 14.396/1.801
    Dados: 4.805/392
    se vcs olharem um mapa mundi da decada de 40, vão ver o mapa cheio de riscos

====================================================================== ==================================

Chapter five: Fall back on the Stalin line

A front wide reshuffle is in order as my unengaged forces try to find their positions as fast as possible. In the south I am lucky as the Germans don’t attack in full force and I can extract a good part of my troops to the main line of defence. You can see the void north-west of Odessa, in the marshes and south of Riga. The last one is filled in pretty quickly. The marshes will have to slow down the Germans all by themselves and I am preparing for a limited counter-attack on the Odessa front.

The extraction battles get worse and worse as I try to move my troops away from the blitzkrieg as fast as possible. The main plan is not to get them surrounded and at the same time hamper the German assault for as long as possible. Both tasks aren’t easy when your enemy is faster then you.

North of Brest-Litovsk, near Varana, on the border, a counterattack is made to keep open the line of retreat of Govorov Corps. The attack is a success and we throw back Bohme’s infantry division form its exposed position. It can’t be called more then a local success but it shows our troops have the will to fight at the necessary moments. More then 80% of all other combats on the front are lost however, and our troops are slowly retreating.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    SFA ®

Data de Registro
    Mai/2003
    Valeu/SFA
    Chapter six: showing my teeth, The Odessa front part I

I have refrained posting pictures of the Odessa front so far as I wanted to depict this battle in some more detail. The battle started on July 22nd as soon as the German and Rumanian forces crossed and was one of the most interesting I have played so far in HOI3. As the German forces rumbled across the border in the west their counterparts moved north into Soviet occupied Bessarabia Their allies, the Rumanians advanced on both sides of the strong German army. Directly in the path of the German forces were two Soviet divisions, which attempted to hold their ground. On the Black sea coast another of my divisions was stationed but this one withdrew to more a more favourable position as soon as the vengeful Rumanian troops crossed the border.

I wasn’t so much afraid for the Rumanian troops as I doubted their quality and thought I could overwhelm them with superior numbers if the need would arise. My worries however were with the Fritz’s armoured corps, which was able to rumble through the huge gaps in my line at will. And so they did.
    More to the west of the defensive area around Odessa there was nothing but emptiness, all the way to the Hungarian border and beyond. Was Stavka thinking the Carpathian Mountains would hold back the enemy? Because they didn’t.

From the Crimea, Kiev and beyond the Dnjepr I quickly send in reinforcements to plug the biggest gap in my lines. If I wouldn’t the enemy would be able to encircle Odessa quickly, depriving me of it’s airfield and Black Sea port. Next on their schedule would be a crossing of the Dnjepr and the capture of Kiev. And thus even the Orel Front reserves were called in. These troops hadn’t been mobilized yet, had organisation and strength but I might well need them if the Odessa front can’t hold the line.

The three corps’ in Odessa are split up. Two of them will dig in and defend their namesake city while the mechanized corps (two armoured, one motorized and one cavalry divisions) moves to the west of the defensive front, which is created. If the German spearhead crashes through the thinly held front they will win time by counterattacking them from the flank.

Two corps dig in in the province of Illiohivsk, due south of Odessa. While the corps stationed on the coast retreats to this position as well. Not without taking casualties alas. The first enemy spearhead already flanks them and races to the north. In Tiraspol Kutyshkov’s corps’ distract themselves from the onrushing enemy forces and encirclement with difficulty. Our men are not outfought but outmanoeuvred and now it will depend on speed if my divisions will survive.

Due to a Rumanian lack of vigour the corps stationed on the coast is able to escape the trap prepared for it in the end. Losses are considerable but at least the divisions are saved to fight another day inside the trenches in front of Odessa.

Kutyshkov’s troops are now in serious peril. Having retreated some 50 kilometres in the last few days of battle they are unable to hold back an entire German army assailing them from the south and eastern flank. But, unfortunately, they will have to keep fighting, as the Odessa front is still not ready for a proper defence. Casualties, however, mount at an alarming rate and the battle is seriously going against them.

SFA ®

Periquito Carniceiro Avatar de Harpia
    Data de Registro
    Jan/2004
    Valeu/SFA
    Recebidos: 3.470/149
    Dados: 8.364/277
    Citação Mensagem Original de nigosky Ver Mensagem
    Esta resposta está oculta porque você está ignorando este membro. Exibir Citação
    Bison,

é uma AAR para apresentar o jogo mesmo

e nao fomos chamados por causa do alto indice de pirateiros por aqui
    Que isso...

"Senhor, dai-me força para mudar o que pode ser mudado.
    Paciência para aceitar o que não pode ser mudado.
    E sabedoria para distinguir uma coisa de outra."
    www.caccst.org.br www.casaapoiocancer.org.br www.graacc.org.br www.amicca.org.br

Data de Registro
    Abr/2006
    Valeu/SFA
    Recebidos: 2.824/45
    Dados: 498/44
    Ótima AAR para colhermos informações sobre o jogo Nigo, vamos ver como esse nooba toma pau do AI.

Bison online lemas :

Não peça nada que você não pode pegar.
    Aonde você vê crise eu vejo oportunidade.

Data de Registro
    Mai/2003
    Valeu/SFA
    Chapter seven: a desperate fight

To the west the Stalin line is taking shape and I can finally order the Western Front to withdraw from the punishing blows of the German army. At the place where the German and Hungarian borders meet no ground has been lost yet and only now the Germans start hitting my lines. Unknown to me at the moment I will have to fight for this place once more in less then a month. Not to defend it but to recapture it in a desperate attempt to save the better part of an army. I withdraw my flanks but the distance I have to cover to the Stalin line is further then the ground the Germans and Hungarians have to capture. Once my frontline is broken there is nothing to hold them back for as much as 100 kilometres. Within a week the situation will be considerable worsened by the advance of the supposedly weak Hungarian forces.

Further to the north the fighting is hard. Almost every battle is lost and my losses are always 1.5 to twice as high as those of the Germans. Even though my forces outnumber theirs most of the time. I am doing better then the Soviets did IRL however, holding back the onrushing German panzers for more then ten days and having only lost 30-50 km’s of ground.

As the 21st corps illustrates the losses for this ‘minor defensive success’ are huge. Within ten days 32% of their soldiers are casualties. Which amounts to 9,000 out of 39,000. An astonishing figure.
    Before long the 4th corps, 3rd Armies second corps, will take over from them and cover the retreat of the nearly shattered forces. To make matters worse five Fliegerkorps’ start bombing and straffing the 21st, seriously hampering their withdrawal.

Here, in the area the 21st will retreat to, three corps’ of Stavka reserves have taken position. They are at only 1/3 strength and still mobilizing but I hope the terrain, the western reaches of the Pripjet marches, will grant them the time they need to build strength.

If we now take a look at the entire central front we can see a good defensive line shaping up. Western Front units will have to withdraw behind this protective screen as good as they can and proceed to take up positions within the line when they are fit enough to do so. Again the same problem plagues me however, the enemy advances quicker then my troops are able to withdraw.

Quite a difference from the HOI2 tactical and strategic depth, these battles, ain’t it?

SFA ®

Data de Registro
    Mai/2003
    Valeu/SFA
    Chapter eight: The vast Expanses of the USSR

Let’s start with some pictures of the major redeployment of my forces in the east and on the Iran border. Of the later about a third is sent towards the Odessa front while the army is spread out along the Turkish and Iranian border, from the Caspian to the Black Seas.

In the Far East a major reshuffling is in place. Four armies, some small, others large are stationed on the border. Two of these are entrained and sent west as quickly as possible. I might well need these troops for some upcoming counterattacks in October and November. There are no illusions these troops will arrive earlier.

Then a pic that might interest you a lot as it gives a good overview of the current state of Europe.

And a little ‘teaser’ to end this small (but pic-heavy) chapter.

SFA ®

Data de Registro
    Mai/2003
    Valeu/SFA

Chapter nine: The battle for Riga, Part I

Lithuania was already lost before the first gun was fired. An indefensible place it was and so hardly any troops were stationed there. It was the river Dvina Stavka eyed as their main line of resistance. We would build our main defence in front of it and then slowly retreat to the river line when commanders saw fit to do so. There was but one place designated for defence west of the river; Fortress Riga.
    Baltic Front had designated it as the hinge of their defence. First we would stop the enemy on the river line, and then sweep him away from it. Once our forces had been build up sufficiently. Or,, so was the plan, wise or valiant as it might be.

The void left when Western front broke apart or retreated was quickly filled with onrushing German troops. It was here as well the first Soviet divisions shattered under the weight of the enemy.

Then, at last, the enemy launched their offensive against Riga, holes were punched in the line but Red soldiers rushed in to plug them and throw the German troops out of the suburbs. The Baltic fleet moored in the gulf of Riga but was unfortunately unable to support the defence.
    Assailed from three provinces casualties mounted.

Further and further our troops were pushed back into the city, the centre was lost, preparations were made for a gradual withdraw across the Dvina. But then, at the very last moment, when the battle was going against us, reinforcements arrived.
    An entire mechanized corps was drawn from the line and accompanied by three infantry divisions send on to Riga. Riga’s defence was doubled in size, 150.000 troops fought the enemy to a standstill. The lines on the Dvina had been cannibalized but for now the city was saved.

SFA ®

Data de Registro
    Mai/2003
    Valeu/SFA
    Chapter ten: STAVKA reporting

The second week of July, a Stavka meeting, Moscow.

And let's not forget an overview of the strength of my frontline:

SFA ®

Data de Registro
    Mai/2003
    Valeu/SFA

Chapter eleven: Carnage on the Central Front, part I

On the Central Front the July battles reached their climax and it was here Stavka’s plan to utilize the vastness of Russia received its first setback.

Fighters and close-support aircrafts attempted vigorously to aid their retreating comrades. Heading straight for Minsk, refitting and some rest after more then three weeks of harsh combat, the Soviet troops withdrew as fast as they could. But, being fast was not enough, the western reaches of the marshlands and lack of a proper infrastructure seriously impeded their movement.
    The lines were broken and for the first time a retreat turned into a rout.

More to the north the Soviet Airforce was send out to impede the enemy advance for as long as possible. By doing so even more troops stationed on the Dvina line and just south of it would be available as reinforcements for the central front.

At this moment, the last two weeks of July, our troops were exposed in a large bulge just to the northwest of the marshes. Retreat was the worth of the day, no more gradual withdraw, just retreat on the Stalin line and beyond.

It was clear by now my central front was bearing the brunt of the assault. Luck was on my side as their focal point was my strongest part of the line. What had ensued here was chaos and carnage but the battles on this point also one of the main reasons for the a-historic slow march of the Germans. Don’t get me wrong, they marched quicker then my troops but not quick enough.

To my surprise the situation quickly detoriated. Troops withdrawing were overtaken, moved the other way and then bypassed by oncoming Germans.
    By now it was clear the enemy had refrained from creating large panzergoups to puncture big holes and instead relied on smaller forces to pierce my line at a dozen points. This strategy worked if you have only limited goals but directive Barabrossa had nothing like that in mind.

SFA ®

Fundador BFCentral Avatar de Sauron
    Data de Registro
    Mai/2003
    Valeu/SFA
    Recebidos: 88/5
    Dados: 81/26
    Counter é um saco pra ler os nomes da províncias, além disso tem HQ pra todo lado. Eu não estou entendendo isto, eles aumentaram stupidamente o número de HQ's?

Fora isso o cara vai tomar pau feio da AI, kkkk

Informação do Tópico

Usuários Navegando pelo Tópico

Existe(m) atualmente 1 usuário(s) navegando pelo tópico. (0 membro(s) e 1 visitante(s))

Regras de Postagem